Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ok, Here goes!

I'm going to give it a whirl!  I'm going to try my hand at this thing called blogging!  I'm Jennifer, a wife and stay at home mom to 2 little boys in the East Texas area.  Over the last few months I've been learning how to really be frugal and get the most out of each dollar on food, clothing, toiletries and other necessities.  I consider that my "contribution" financially to the family since I don't bring home a paycheck each week.  I've decided to share with you what I have learned.  I've tried to feed my family of four (including formula for my 10 month old) on as little money each week as I can.  I averaged around $50/week for the past several weeks.  That may not sound like much, but trust me, you will see how I make it work.  I will do my best to show you how I do this by providing weekly shopping deals at my local Brookshire's, Albertson's, Target, and Walmart along with coupon match-ups to get you the best deal.  I will also show you how I play the "Drugstore Game" at my local CVS and Walgreens.  Any other "deals" that I run across I will post as well.  I am working on the grocery ads for the week of December 29th - January 4th and will have those up as soon as I can.  I will try to also post "budget" dinners that I run across from time to time.  Stockpiling is huge for me so there will be plenty of that to share as well.  I'm keeping a log for the entire year of 2011 to see how much I save.  I am expecting some big numbers!!  Please don't hesitate to ask any questions and hopefully I will improve as we go along!!  Please bear with me as I learn proper blog "etiquette"!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is great! I know you have some great ideas and I look forward to following your blog. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world--prepare to be overwhelmed at first. lol You will love it and it sounds like you have some great ideas for content--very helpful to many people. Thanks for including Simply CVS in your blog buttons. Best wishes on your new blog.

    ReplyDelete