I intended to post this yesterday, but it's the last few days of school and things are a bit crazy this week. The grocery store sales don't change until tomorrow (Wed.) so you can still take advantage of these deals today!
Tomorrow is the last day of school for my son, so I will be able to resume posting more frequently. I will start posting my weekly menu again each Monday as well. You'll still have to check out Thrifty Texas Penny for the store matchups!!
My hay bale garden is growing right along! I'll share some pictures later this afternoon.
Here is the breakdown of my shopping trip:
(1) John Freida Hair color @ $11.99
(1) Lady Speed Stick @ $2.99
(1) cereal @ $1
total: $15.98 (@ sale prices)
(1) Free John Freida Hair color coupon (offer from sometime ago by mail)
(1)$.50/1 Speedstick from 5/1 SS
(1) $3 ECB
total spent: $.49
total saved: $17.39 (includes sale and coupons)
ECB received: $2 from JF, $2 from SS
(1) Neutrogena sunscreen stick @ $8.49
(1) Neutrogena suncreen spray @ $10.99
total: $19.48 (@ sale prices)
(1) $3/$10 Healthcare purchase from the CVS scanner
(2) $2/1 Neutrogena printable
(2) $2 ECB from T #1
(1) $5 ECB from Beauty Club Purchases
total spent: $3.48
total saved: $16.00 (includes sale and coupons)
ECB received: $10
Total oop: $3.97
Total saved: $33.39
ECB remaining: $10
Normally, I don't shop at Brookshire's for the 1 or 2 things that are on sale that week. I just price match at Walmart. This week, however, they had quite a few good deals and I wanted to pick up some produce. Remember, today is the LAST day you can get these prices. They will have a new ad starting tomorrow.
(2) Food Club 24 ct tea bag @ $1/ea
(2) Armour Lunchmaker (my WM does not carry these) @ $1.09/ea (I had planned on getting the lunchables at $1/ea but they did not have the pizza , which is the only one my picky 9 year old will eat.)
(2) Pillsbury Toaster Strudels @ $2/ea
(1) Food Club 4pk pudding @ $1
(1) Doritos @ $2
(1) 1 lb mini carrots @ $1
(1) sweet potato @ $.55
(2) ears corn @ $.50/ea (these are cheaper @ WM, but these are MUCH cleaner)
(1) Food Club biscuit @ $1.25 (we don't eat these often, so not something I stock up on)
(1) $.60/2 Toaster Strudel peelie attached to package (a nice surprise!)
total spent: $14.38
total saved: $7.79 (includes sale and coupon)
Walmart & Dollar Tree
Since the grocery store sales were so good this week , I thought I might be able to get away with not chopping at Walmart. I was wrong. I made the trip to Super 1 only to find out that not only were they out of ads (that had in-ad Qs), but the sale items were pretty much gone - and this was on the 2nd day of the sale! So, I decided that I would wait until my weekly Walmart trip and price match the items I was wanting to stock up on. And frankly, Walmart is just cheaper on the things I buy every week (milk, etc) that rarely go on sale or have coupons. So, I guess I'll just have to keep shopping there!
I recently discovered a store that I never really thought about for groceries - Dollar Tree! And since it shares a parking lot with the Walmart that I shop at, it's a no brainer. The bread that I normally buy for my family is $2.18 at Walmart. The same exact bread is $1 at the Dollar Tree (and it's not out of date bread!) I grabbed some cereal bars and graham crackers there too and spent $3.
Everything in the picture above cost only $35!
Here is the breakdown of the price matching and Qs that I used:
(4) 8.75 oz bags Chex Mix @ $1.33/ea (price match (PM) w/ Walgreen's)
(2) Cheezit's @ $1.50/ea (PM with Super 1 Q)
(10) boxes Kraft mac & cheese @ $.50/ea (PM w/ Super 1 Q)
(1) Peter Pan peanut butter 16.3 oz @ $1.48 (PM w/ Super 1)
(1) Bird's eye family dinner @$3.68
(1) Ken's 8 oz salad dressing @ $1.42
(2) Pictsweet frozen deluxe veggie sides @ $.96/ea
(1) Pepperidge Farm Baked Crackers @ $2.98
(1) Butterball turkey bacon @ $2.38
(2) $1/2 Chex Mix 4.5 oz or larger from 5/1 SS
(1) $3/1 Bird's Eye printable (from Facebook game)
(1) $1/1 Ken's dressing from 5/8 SS
(1) $.75/2 Pictsweet sides insert Q
(1) $.35/1 Butterball bacon peelie on pkg. (another nice surprise)
(1) $1/1 Pepperidge Farm baked snacks from 4/10 SS
new total: $18.76
Along with the other things I bought:
total spent: $32
total saved (includes sale, PM, and coupons): $16.32
I did a 2nd transaction earlier in the day to grab some produce and spinach (didn't have time for my whole trip, but needed it for dinner last night) and spent $3.59.
Total spent this week: $56.94
Total saved: $57.50
No Target or Walgreen's this week.
Just a reminder about price matching with coupons: Please make sure that you check the product size/type stated in the ad and do not rely on the picture alone. Often, the product picture and size/type stated do not match. Also, if you are using a coupon as well, please check to make sure that it matches the product description.