Thursday, January 6, 2011

Brookshire's Shopping Trip

My local Brookshire's was having a BOGO for 1 cent sale this week (with a Thank You Card).  I normally don't shop these kinds of sales (unless I have really good coupons) because I am sure that they inflate the prices before the sale.  I glanced through the ad and found one thing that I thought I could get a good deal on depending on what the price was at my store.  So I made the trip today.

Here is what I found:
Jose Ole Boxed Appetizers were priced $5.69
(I don't think that my Walmart carries this brand, but an equivalent brand is around $4.50).
I had 3 $2/1 Jose Ole Appetizers that I printed some ago (they had an expiration date of 1/15).
So I picked up 6 boxes (taquitos, mini tacos, and mini chimichangas).

Pre-sale total:                 $34.14
thank you card savings:   $ 17.04
coupon savings:              $6.00
total spent:                      $11.10 or $1.85 per box

Not a bad deal!  I buy this kind of stuff often since it is a quick, easy meal to keep on hand.  So this will last us a goo while.  I don't know if you can still get the coupon but you can search the coupon database and see what you can find.  My weekly grocery total is still under $50 and I have gotten tons of stockup things this week.  (See this post for the rest) I'm headed to CVS after naptime to check on a couple of deals so I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment