Then, I ran over to Target. I can usually get some great deals at Target and this is the store where I do a lot of stockpiling. Since I didn't spend much of my grocery budget this week, I figured I would take advantage of the price cuts and get a few things that I didn't necessarily need this week but would use later on. I allow around $10 a week of my normal budget for stockpiling but only if I find a good deal. I only stockpile an item if it is at a super low price. For example, PF Goldfish crackers normally run about $2/ bag. They were on sale at Albertson's for $1/bag a few weeks ago. I price matched them and grabbed 10 bags for $10. Hopefully, they will last until the next sale rolls around. Here is what I found at Target:
- Christmas Clearance is now at 75% off and it looked like they still had quite a bit left. I didn't need anything but thought that I'd let you know.
- Gerber baby clothes (onsie's, pj's, bibs, etc) are on clearance at 30% off. They had 2 pk fleece blanket sleepers on clearance for $4.98 (half price) which equals out to only $2.49 per pajama. I grabbed a pack of these. (Although, I may go get more later.)
- Ortega Taco Shells were on price cut for $1.25 for a box of 10. There is a printable coupon for $1 off of any 2 Ortega products which equals out to $0.75 each when you buy 2 boxes.
- Several types of Market Pantry bags of frozen breaded chicken were on price cut for $4. There is a printable Target coupon for $3/2. This makes them only $2.50 per bag. I grabbed chicken tenders and chicken patties.
- Kraft shredded cheese was on price cut for $2. I used a $0.75 printable Target coupon to get it for $1.25. I've seen it cheaper, but $1.25 is not bad. This is not a stockup price, however.
- I forgot the bread at Walmart so I grabbed it here for $1.89. About the same price as Walmart.
My grand total on groceries this week: $37.99 for a family of 4!!
I plan on going to CVS and Walgreen's later today to check out the deals there. I'll let you know what I find!
Did you find a great deal at Target this week? I would love to hear about it. Please share it in a comment below!