Monday, January 17, 2011

My Shopping Trip 1/17

I made purchases at Walmart, Walgreen's, Drug Emporium, and Brookshires this week.  Target and CVS were not on my list so far this week.

Walmart
I did the majority of my shopping at Walmart this week.  It was an aggravating trip since the cashier forgot to scan my coupons and I didn't catch it until it was too late.  After a short wait at Custmer Service, I got the money back for those coupons, in cash.  I had one little hassle with one of my coupons.  Just a case of the cashier not being properly trained on coupons.  If I had a copy of Walmart's coupon policy with me, I probably could have avoided the situation.  I will stick it in with my coupons from now on.  It worked out in the end.

Total spent:  $37.99

A few deal highlights -
Found a large package of chicken thighs reduced to $3.
Bought 2 cans GV diced tomaotes on roll back for $0.48, down from $0.63.  I don't need these until next week but figured I'd grab them at the sale price, just in case.
Bought 4 Hormel Compleats Kid's Meals @ $1.66 each and used 4 $1/1 coupons on each.  You can find the printable coupons here.  So I picked these up for $0.66/each.
Bought 2 boxes (15 ct.) Totino's pizza rolls @ $1.50 each.  Used a coupon for $1/2.  I picked these up for $1 each.  (which I'm not sure is still available).

I won't bore you with the entire list.  The rest was produce, staples and a few things for recipes this week.


Brookshire's

I hadn't planned on shopping at Brookshire's this week but I needed to run into our bank branch in the store.  I decided to take a peek in the meat department for any markdowns.  I'm glad I did because I got two more deals for the freezer.

Found a package of tenderized pork chops for $2.04 and a package of boneless, skinless turkey breasts $3.74.  Both of these were about a 50% savings.

Total spent:  $5.78


Walgreen's

There was only one thing I planned on buying at Walgreen's this week.
I had a RR coupon for $2 to use.
Purchased a Thermacare trial size heat wrap for $2.50 and received a $2.50 RR back.
I used a $1 coupon (printable pdf here).  I needed a filler item (since I had 2 coupons) and had an extra $0.50 on my original RR to use so I grabbed a can of chicken gravy on clearance for $0.50. 
Used my $2 RR.

Total spent:  $0 and got back a $2.50 RR. 
I still have another $3.50 left from last week.  Hopefully there will be some good deals next week before they expire.


Drug Emporium

This was also not a planned stop.  I had some time to kill while waiting to meet someone so I went in just to look around at the health food store.  I found a large back of sesame snack mix for $3.15 so I picked that up as a treat. 

Total spent:  $3.15

Grand total this week:  $43.77!

I still have $6 RR and $10.89 ECBs left for a later purchases.  Maybe next week?!

Pass along any good deals you found this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment